These muffins are kosher for Passover, because it’s Pesach and bakers gotta bake. These contain no flour (or grains)–and therefore no gluten. They also contain no sugar or dairy. They are, however, about 30% egg by volume.
I think these are good! Not just Passover good or gluten and sugar free good, but good good! They’d also probably be good with maple syrup, honey, chocolate chips, banana chips, dried fruit, or 1 tsp baking powder.
- 2 overripe bananas
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups nut flour (e.g. almond flour. I used 1.5 cups almond flour and .5 cups hazelnut flour)
- 1/2 cup oil
- Pre-heat oven to 350
- Mash the bananas into a pulp. You can use anything from a blender to your hands.
- Combine bananas, oil, and eggs. Mix!
- Add the nut flour and mix it some more
- Since these are muffins, I put them in a muffin tin. I usually oil a muffin tin and sprinkle flour in it. Since this contained no flour, I instead used paper liners.
- I put filled the liners 2/3 of the way. I think it was around 1/4 cup.
- Put in the oven and bake for 40-55 minutes.
- Let cool on a wire rack (or plate, which is what I usually use).