November brings two things very demanding of my time: Thanksgiving and the start of fundraising season.
Free software activities (personal)
- The Open Source Initiative had it’s twice-a-year face to face board meeting! Good times all around.
- Debian is having a GR. I’ve been following the development of proposals and conversation, which is basically a part time job in and of itself.
- Participated in Debian Community Team meetings.
- I started drafting Bits from the Debian Community Team.
- Wrote some blog posts! I liked them this month.
- Wearing multiple hats I attended SustainNYC, talking about sustainability in free and open source software.
- I submitted to some CFPs — SCaLE, FOSSASIA, and OSCON.
- I am serving on the papers committee for CopyLeftConf, and for this I reviewed proposals.
Free software activities (professional)
- We launched a fundraiser! (About a patent infringement case)
- Funding a legal case is an expensive proposition, so I am also meeting with companies and potential large donors interested in helping out with the case.
- We launched another fundraiser! (About general Foundation activities)
- I participated in the hiring process to fill two roles at the GNOME Foundation.