V* usually means “vegan” in my world, but this also has a foot note: If you consider honey non-vegan, then this cake is not vegan. It includes a lot of honey. It’s based on the Moosewood Six-minute Chocolate Cake recipe.
- 1 ½ cups unbleached white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup honey
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water, juice, or almond milk
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Mix the flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl
- Mix the honey, vegetable oil, and almond milk (or whatevs) in a bowl
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Add vinegar, and watch it bubble.
- Bake at 375 F for 20-30 minutes.
That’s it! I like to make this when I’m in a rush to make some dessert, because it takes 5-10 minutes to prepare.